Sophia Housing Association is a national social housing organisation, supporting the needs of homeless people around the country. Helping hundreds of people on the margins of society, the organisation provides good quality, affordable housing, quality education, support services and a nurturing environment for families and individuals. We have nine housing projects around Ireland, providing long-term supported housing to over 300 individuals, families and families who are ‘out of home’.
Your generous donations are what makes Sophia’s work possible. With your support, the Sophia Housing Association is enabling people to make a positive difference in their lives.
• Work with and support people trying to emerge from homelessness
• Make housing in all its aspects accessible to people on low incomes
• Provide a comfortable, safe environment in which people can meet and network
• Offer compassionate listening, support and practical guidance to all
• Provide a safe place for children to play and interact in a supervised setting
• Provide support and encouragement during and after their stay
• To advocate and lobby with and for people
• To help each individual develop a “Care Plan” suited to their own particular needs
• To recognise and understand the educational needs and requirements of people
Sophia is a weaving of holistic support
to enable people who are out of home to make a positive difference in their lives by becoming aware of their own inner strengths and potential.
As well as providing accommodation, Sophia will also offer a safe place where one can seek wisdom of mind, heart, soul and spirit, an environment which welcomes people who want to step back from the many pressures of their daily lives and environment.
Sophia Housing Association is a Registered Charity and an Approved Housing Body by the Irish Department of the Environment and Local Government.
Company No: 310139
Charity No: CHY13516
Joint CEO’s: Jean Quinn D.W. Eamonn Martin